Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day



Mother's Day was delightful and good for the soul.  Corey got up with the kids in the middle of the night (all three kids have been battling pneumonia for the past week) and he let me sleep in!  I woke up to the glorious smell of bacon and french toast!  What else could a girl ask for?  With a little coaching I'm sure, the boys each told me Happy Mother's Day and smooched me up!  I laughed at my card which pictured a mother drinking out of a LARGE wine glass....hmmmm, my family knows me too well!  We took turns going to church and mass was particularly humbling because I had yelled at the boys just prior to church about being kind to each other and keeping their hands to themselves...typical stuff that I didn't think I needed to remind them about on Mother's Day.  Right..., they are 2 and 3, they will need to reminded of these simple rules until they are at least 29 and 30.  Later in the day Jack and I went to pick out flowers to plant in the urns on our front porch and we had a ball eating complimentary popcorn at Suburban Lawn and Garden.  When we returned home from our outing, I walked inside to find Corey asleep on the couch while Thomas and Caroline were napping.  Naturally, I took his picture and sent it to a few family members wishing them Happy Mother's Day!  We wrapped up the day eating a delicious dinner outside prepared by Aunt Steph and Aunt Boo!  I am a very blessed mother and I was certainly reminded of that this Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment