Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jack started preschool last Fall

We knew Jack was more than ready for preschool this past Fall.  He was so excited on his first day of school.  His first day was bittersweet for us, but mostly sweet!
First Day! So handsome!

  Thomas was so excited about Jack's first day of school.  He was a little disappointed that he didn't get to spend the day with his big brother.  At least he got to take a sack lunch to "Bubby School" (Grandma Lisa's house).



What I have failed to mention about Jack starting school is this...
Last summer I received a phone call from Jack's sweet teacher letting me know when "Meet the Teacher" day was going to take place and when parents were supposed to go to "Back to School Night" to get the scoop.  When I took the phone call I was two weeks away from having a baby, it was dinner time, Corey was not home yet, two kids were yelling and someone needed me to wipe their poopy bottom.  So of course I played it off like all was well and things were under control while I'm sure the teacher noticed the chaos over the phone.  I might have mixed up the dates she gave me and I might have royally messed up Jack's first introduction to school.  What I am trying to say is, Jack missed the "Meet the Teacher" day at his new school and Corey went to the wrong "Back to School Night."  Bam.  I failed.  Clearly I will not be nominated for "Mother of the Year" anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment